FOUNDER & CEO of The Gymnast Nutritionist™
Hey there, I’m Christina
I’m a pediatric and adolescent sports dietitian nutritionist that specializes in nutrition for the gymnast.
My approach to supporting gymnasts, parents, and coaches comes from my own experience as a high-level gymnast that struggled with food and her body. Like many of you, my career was plagued with injuries that were largely related to underfueling, though I was clueless as to the effects my nutrition had on my body and performance.
I didn’t learn to fuel and nourish my body until college, which was after my gymnastics career had ended. So much of what I write and speak about is what I wish I could have told my 16-year-old gymnast self.
As I became more involved in nutrition, I realized very quickly that a “one-size-fits-all” approach and “just do it” don’t work. Not only does this not work, but this approach often makes the food + body situation worse.
My mission is to help gymnasts learn to fuel their bodies for optimal performance and longevity in the sport. Together we can learn about the body’s energy needs and how all foods can fit. And, we can together create a way of eating that supports sports performance and a healthy relationship with food + body.
As a former competitive artistic gymnast, current Developmental Program/NCAA women’s gymnastics judge, and someone who works in the sport of gymnastics each day, I get you. I understand your struggles, the cultural challenges, and pressure that you and our gymnasts face.
A few of my favorite things
Favorite Country: uSA
Favorite color: Pink
FAVORITE SPORT: Gymnastics
FAVORITE FOOD: Chocolate
FAVORITE ACTIVITY: PILATES
FAVORITE HOBBY: GYMNASTICS JUDGING
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, University of Arkansas
- Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- RDN Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and LD Licensed Dietitian
- CSSD Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- CDE Board Certified Diabetes Educator
- CNSC Board Certified Nutrition Support Clinician
- CSP Board Certified Pediatric & Adolescent Specialist
- Level 10 and NCAA rated US Women’s Gymnastics Judge
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, The Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitian Association, USA Gymnastics, and the National Association of Women’s Gymnastics Judges
- Nutrition Consultant to USA Gymnastics Athlete Wellness Committee
Work with Me
I help high level gymnasts learn to fuel and nourish their bodies while performing at the highest level. Whether your gymnast is struggling with nutrition or just wanting to do everything she can to “level up” performance, The Balanced Gymnast Program™ is the perfect fit for serious gymnasts.
My Signature Team Talk Series is for competitive teams, gymnastics camps, and organizations that are looking to provide the tools for gymnasts, parents, and coaches to fuel for optimal performance. This is a 4-part team talk series that covers all aspects of gymnast nutrition, fueling, and prevention of food & body image struggle.
Gymnast Nutrition Course
The Balanced Gymnast Method® is an online course for gymnasts and parents who want to fast-track their learning. This in-depth course is perfect for parents of young, high level gymnasts who are wanting to learn how to prevent injury and food & body image struggles before they begin.
FREE guide for gymnast parents and coaches
The Top 5 Do’s and Don’ts of Gymnast Nutrition
LEARN TO FUEL THE GYMNAST
for optimal performance and longevity in the sport