High-level gymnasts, parents, and their coaches are constantly inundated with information regarding their diet. Unfortunately, most of that content is just plain wrong, aka gymnastics nutrition myths.
I’ve rounded up the top 10 myths that we’re addressing every day here at the Gymnast Nutritionist®. You’ll notice that many of these have taken up permanent residency in #dietculture. However, these myths become even more dangerous to the high-level gymnast when they prevent her from getting the adequate nutrition she needs
For the sake of time, I’ll focus on the first 5 myths today, and stay tuned for Part 2 coming your way next week!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why looking at nutrition, recommendations and research in the context of fueling the high-level gymnast is so important
- The #1 pervasive nutrition myth in gymnastics
- Why “just water” might not always be enough
Link & Resources
- Blog: Top 10 Gymnastics Nutrition Myths Fact or Fiction
- Blog: Hydration for the Gymnast – More than Just Water Part 1
- Nutrition Quiz
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program Now Enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist