We’re back with Part 2 of the Top 10 Gymnast Nutrition Myths! I’m discussing myths 6-10 that are still so pervasive in the gymnastics culture and how they are ultimately hurting your gymnast’s performance and longevity in the sport.
There is a surplus of myths floating around out there regarding the best nutrition for a high-level gymnast. And for whatever reason, these myths are repeated and repeated until everyone just accepts them as fact.
It’s no wonder we see gymnasts with injuries that won’t heal, utter exhaustion, severe under-fueling, and ultimately quitting the sport they once loved.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why clean eating isn’t the performance guarantee you’ve been promised
- Why body diversity in gymnastics is real and necessary for healthy athletes
- Why sodium rules for the general population are different than high-level athletes
Link & Resources
- Blog: Top 10 Gymnastics Nutrition Myths Fact or Fiction
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program Now Enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Free training: How to Fuel the Gymnast for Optimal Performance