Do Halloween and other holidays scare your gymnast (or you!) because there seem to be sugar-filled foods everywhere you look?
It’s not surprising that parents, coaches, and gymnasts can become stressed and consumed with battling any holiday in which fun foods play a large role. Especially since #dietculture and #wellnessculture have villainized sugar and any food that isn’t considered “clean” these days.
Unfortunately, over-restricting your gymnast when it comes to these types of foods usually backfires and creates a dizzying cycle of binging, sneaking, and food shame.
Fortunately, I’m here to tell you it doesn’t have to be that way. And yes, your gymnast can learn to be totally comfortable around ALL types of foods.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- 3 reasons why your gymnast has a “problem” with sugar and may be struggling
- Why learning how to behave around “fun foods” is vital for a healthy relationship with food
- How to create a calm food environment for gymnasts to have a felt sense of safety with all foods
Link & Resources
- Blog: Help! My gymnast won’t stop eating sugar!
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program Now Enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Free guide: The Top 5 Do’s and Don’ts of Gymnast Nutrition