“Your gut is a muscle; when it is not being used as much as it should, it gets out of shape” – Dr. Heather Finley DCN, MS, RD, LD, CEDRD, CLT
Did you know the gut has a circadian rhythm of it’s own? That stress and digestive health are interlinked? That gut health THRIVES on diversity?
These are just a few of the topics Dr. Heather Finley and I discuss in this episode of The Balanced Gymnast Podcast. We take a DEEP dive into gut health and how your gymnast might be self-sabotaging themselves. It’s easy to blame food when you’re physically suffering after you consume it, but it could be the way your body is processing it due to the stressors you’ve put on it.
The good news is that it doesn’t have to be that way. Healing the gut is possible (not just for your gymnast but for you too!)
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The #1 digestive complaint of gymnasts and quick fixes to help combat it
- How stress affects gut health and what you can do about it
- What role minerals play in your gymnast’s overall hydration and which 4 to focus on
And if you want to know exactly how to supplement your gymnast to make sure she’s getting all the minerals she needs, this is something we teach in our VIP program, so sign up today to get into our January cohort. Next opportunity won’t be until March!
Link & Resources
- Dr. Heather Finley’s gutTogether Program and Cookbook
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program Now Enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts