“How should my gymnast adjust their nutrition when injured”?
It’s a question I frequently get from parents who are already overwhelmed with the stress of an injured gymnast who is out of the gym. But the real question we should be asking is if the gymnast has been eating enough to fuel their body to support growth, repair, and adaptation to training all along…
Injuries are stressful and seem to happen during crucial times of training, competing, or recruiting. Bottom line, a gymnast needs to implement some kind of recovery nutrition plan to make their come back as successful and as quick as possible.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The different categories of injuries and how nutrition plays a part in all
- Why we should address injuries from a holistic perspective and not compartmentalize our experts
- How to set a gymnast up for a faster recovery and return to sport, plus potentially preventing injury from reoccurring
Link & Resources
- Podcast: Episode 21: Should Gymnasts Eat Less on Rest Days?
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program Now Enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts