Should nutrition look different on rest days, if a gymnast is injured, or on extended leave? It’s a question I get asked frequently by parents, and on the surface, it seems pretty straightforward. If an athlete isn’t working out as much or at all, it would make sense their nutritional intake would look different, right?
In a perfect world with an athlete that is correctly utilizing normal AND performance nutrition, yes. But the answer for these high-level gymnasts isn’t so simple. Especially when so many are chronically underfueled and injured to begin with.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Whether or not nutrition should look different for gymnasts on rest days, during injuries, or extended time off
- The most crucial factor in their nutrition during their time away
- Common mindsets or approaches that can get in the way of optimal recovery
Link & Resources
- Quiz: Check in with your gymnast’s current fueling
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program Now Enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts