Every gymnast, parent, and coach dreads it, especially so close to competition season…injuries.
Whether it is a freak accident injury or aching pain all over, this time of year is a breeding ground for injury. This being said, nutrition plays an essential role in healing injuries as well as prevention. Keeping the “long-term game” in mind is crucial in this sport because to achieve success throughout their career, your gymnast must be healthy enough to actually compete.
Without proper nutrition, their injuries may never heal or lead to worse injuries in the future; hence, it is extremely important to be mindful of how they fuel their bodies.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What happens to gymnasts’ bodies while they are injured
- The WORST thing a parent can do with nutrition while their gymnast is injured
- 8 truths about injury nutrition for your gymnast
Link & Resources
- Blog: 8 Truths about Gymnast Injury Nutrition
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program Now Enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts