A gymnastics coach is one of the most important persons in a gymnast’s life. I know that coaches mean well and want their gymnasts to succeed, but often the things they were taught about nutrition + bodies as a gymnast just weren’t physiology correct nor helpful. What is beneficial is for coaches to give nutrition information from a place of adequacy and performance.
Unfortunately, history shows us that there have been very unhelpful ways that some coaches approach the subject that can cause a lot of harm. The good news is that gymnastics culture is changing and there are still some helpful ways to address nutrition in the gym with your athletes.
- Whether coaches are responsible for teaching their gymnasts about nutrition or not
- The difference between a Registered Dietitian Sports Nutritionist (RDN) vs a “Sports Nutritionist”, why it matters inside your gym and for high-level gymnasts
- Top “do’s and don’ts” of talking about nutrition with your gymnasts
Link & Resources
- Blog: How Coaches Can Talk to Their Gymnast About Nutrition
- Inquire about our Signature Team Talk Series for Booster Clubs, Coaches and Owners
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Check out our online program for parents, The Balanced Gymnast® Method through this free training