In this episode, I chat with Jennifer, the parent of a level 9 gymnast whose gym participated in our Team Talk Series back in 2021 and the joined The Balanced Gymnast® VIP Program in the fall of 2023 to continue learning about nutrition.
Our conversations over the past year are why I started the VIP program (even though I swore I’d never run a program like this for reasons you’ll hear about in this episode).
As a mom, gymnastics judge, and nurse practitioner, Jennifer shares some incredible insight about how continuing to invest and learn about fueling her gymnast has paid off in a BIG way with both health and performance.
We have an honest conversation about the cost of investing in nutrition for your gymnast and how nutrition is the most foundational aspect of your gymnast’s performance and health.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What they learned and implemented during our Team Talk Series for gymnastics clubs when her gymnast was a 10-11 year old level 8
- Why she decided to invest in the VIP Program the next year when her gymnast was a 12 year old level 9
- How focusing on fueling has taken her gymnast’s performance from good to GREAT (#winning)
Links & Resources
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program, for level 5-10 female gymnasts, now enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts