“Help! My gymnast has an upcoming meet and she’s been sick! What do I do to help her compete this weekend?!”
Have you ever asked yourself this question during competition season about your gymnast? At this point of the year, MANY parents are dealing with sick athletes and doing everything in their power to help them get back to performance levels. They want to what foods or supplements to use to boost their gymnasts’ immune systems to finish out the season strong.
There is an abundance of reasons why high-level gymnasts get run down at this stage of the season. Back-to-back meets, traveling, struggling to stay on top of school, and the overall stress to perform take a toll. Plus, it’s cold and flu season so gymnasts are battling many obstacles to stay healthy.
Parents want to know what food or supplement to give their gymnasts to boost their immune system, but it’s a little more complex than that. Listen to today’s episode to learn how to best set your gymnast up for the greatest chance of a successful and healthy season.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The effect of overall underfueling on immune health, immune impairment, and inflammation
- The good, the bad, and the reality of using supplements to “boost” immunity
- What steps to take to help create robust immunity, lessen the severity + duration of illness, and repair + recover faster
Links & Resources
- Listen to episode #8 Gymnast Nutrition + Endurance and episode #14 The Must Know About Gymnasts and Supplements
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program, for level 5-10 female gymnasts, now enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts