What does nutrition have to do with a gymnast’s endurance? A lot. For most gymnasts, including myself, if their routine endurance isn’t where they think it should be they often think it’s a “try harder, more cardio, more conditioning” issue which isn’t always the case.
If a gymnast can’t repair, recover, AND adapt, their endurance will pay the price.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why overall underfueling is often the unknown reason for endurance issues
- How inadequate (or inappropriate) Performance Nutrition is affecting your gymnast’s endurance
- What role iron levels play in a high-level athlete’s endurance
Link & Resources
- Group coaching now enrolling for VIP Program Cohorts
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Check out our online program for parents, The Balanced Gymnast® Method through this free training
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts
- Join the Pre-Season Challenge to learn how to fuel your gymnast this competition season!
Click here to join the Pre-Season Gymnast Nutrition Challenge happening 9/12-9/15!