At this point in the season, a lot of gymnasts are injured and on the sidelines; some are just struggling to get through and some are hoping to make a comeback before States, Regionals, and Nationals.
It’s not too late to help your gymnast make a nutrition game plan for competition season so you can get them back to full health as safely and as quickly as possible. Parents and gymnasts are shocked at just how fast they see the results of a nutrition plan during the season.
Nutrition is a moving target. We constantly need to be assessing and reassessing the adequacy of gymnasts’ fueling as their bodies are changing as well as their goals and training. Plus, figuring out your gymnast’s best competition season nutrition can feel overwhelming with all the #dietcultre info permeating gymnastics culture. Wherever your gymnast is right now in their journey, just know that you can learn to leverage the power of nutrition to support their goals and dreams, even if they’re currently on the sidelines right now.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to ensure your gymnast is optimizing their repair, recovery, and adaptation to training throughout the entire season.
- The biggest mistake parents and gymnasts make when out due to injury and why it is killing their recovery.
- The 3 things that must happen daily for your gymnast to stay healthy, progress, and reach their goals.
Links & Resources
- Listen to episode #4 Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport and Gymnastics
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program, for level 5-10 female gymnasts, now enrolling
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts