Today’s episode is recorded with all the love and empathy in the world. We all live in diet culture and becoming a parent (or gymnastics coach) doesn’t all of the sudden make your own struggles with food and body go away. However, there are a few things every gymnast wishes their mom knew about nutrition.
Being a mom to a gymnast is tough on so many levels. And fueling them is definitely one of those areas. We’re bombarded with false information through social media and #dietculture, plus we have generational misinformation we’ve grown up with. Add in our own insecurities about our bodies + relationships with food, and it can seem overwhelmingly difficult to know how to fuel our gymnasts properly and also help them avoid the mistakes we’ve made. But it is possible and I would love to show you how.
I work with gymnasts of all ages through my practice, let me give you the inside scoop on what they wish their moms knew about nutrition.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Nutrition is about context and what you need isn’t what your gymnast needs.
- What not to say in front of your gymnast when it comes to your own body and nutrition.
- How you can help your gymnast so she doesn’t struggle like you did or still do.
Links & Resources
- The Top 5 Do’s and Don’ts of Gymnast Nutrition
- VIP Nutrition Coaching Program Waitlist now open
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts