I’m back with another Quick Tip episode on what I consider the Top Nutrition Considerations During Puberty for female gymnasts. That’s right, let’s talk about growth spurts in the high-level gymnast and what you as a parent should be aware of when it comes to their nutrition during this vital period of growth and development.
For female gymnasts, there is often delayed puberty due to underfueling and high levels of training, and this is abnormal. Your gymnast will be at incredible risk for injury and poor performance if her body is not allowed to go through puberty at a normal rate.
And don’t worry, I’ll have a 101 on growth spurts for the male gymnast shortly. Stay tuned!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Top 5 nutrition considerations during puberty for the female gymnast.
- How delayed puberty can affect injuries and healing
- Why not getting her period isn’t “normal” and the long-term ramifications.
Link & Resources
- Blog: The High-Level Gymnast and Puberty Part 1
- Group coaching now enrolling for VIP Program Cohorts
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts