It’s back-to-school time for your gymnast’s nutrition. Did you envision making super cute bento-box lunches for them…and then reality hit and it’s more like a fire drill each morning, throwing whatever you have into their lunch box?! And forget about feeding them breakfast before running out the door!
While unfortunately this is totally normal and a by-product of our hectic lives, many gymnasts show up to afternoon workouts during the school year underfueled, which has significant impacts on them during and outside of practice. I want to give you 3 things to keep in mind for your gymnast’s nutrition this school year.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why it’s important to have a plan when it comes to fueling at school.
- Why your gymnast needs a performance nutrition strategy
- Red flags that might indicate your gymnast is underfueling throughout the day
Link & Resources
- The Busy Gym Parent’s Guide to Meal Planning
- Group coaching now enrolling for VIP Program Cohorts
- Connect with Christina on Instagram @the.gymnast.nutritionist
- Private 1:1 Nutrition Coaching for High-Level Gymnasts