How do you keep a gymnast healthy for years and years? Are injuries just a part of the sport that unfortunately hit some gymnasts harder than others?
These are just a couple of the questions parents and gymnasts are asking themselves about a sport that by definition is rough on the human body. The pounding, repetition, and difficult skills take a toll on a gymnast who is training day in and day out for years. What can we do to mitigate this?
Now is the time to take a proactive and preventative approach; properly fueling is like an insurance policy in helping give your athlete their best shot at staying healthy. Using nutrition for your gymnast in injury prevention can be what keeps her in the sport at the upper levels.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why ensuring adequate fueling and growth + development is the #1 step in building a healthy athlete.
- Why you should question every injury, even accidental ones
- How to keep the long game in mind
Links & Resources
- Podcasts to explore: Episode #4, Episode #9, Episode #8, and Episode #23
- Shift Moment Science and The Physio Fix
- Parent’s Guide to Competition Season Nutrition
- Coach’s Guide to Competition Season Nutrition
- Signature Team Talk Inquiries